Court Room scene
I. Who’s tired of who? (Micah 6:3-5)
Israel – I’m tired of coming to church – obeying laws – tithing – sacrifices – You’re wearing me out God.
God – (Micah 6:3-5)
Israel had wearied God.Malachi says Israel wearied God by talking but never doing.
Isaiah 7:13 – Israel wearied God but not believing.
Jeremiah – God is tired of us breaking the covenant.
God has to be tired of our sin and lack of faith and our lip service without commitment.
II. I come to church God what more do you want? (Micah 6:6-7)
We don’t want to obey so we try to substitute religion and sacrifice for obedience and relationship.
III. What does God want from us as Christians?
1. Do Justice – do what is right in all things – be men and women of integrity.
Be faithful to your spouse – don’t lie – don’t steal – help others.
2. Kesed – covenant love. We should treat others with the same love that God has shown us.
3. Walk humbly with God – live each day in relationship with God.
Latest posts by Teman Knight (see all)
- Living In Awe of God - January 27, 2014
- Woe to You Who Are at Ease in Zion - January 8, 2014
- We Need Revival - January 8, 2014